AHEAD OF TIME
1. Make Pizza Oil (good for 30 days unrefrigerated)
2. Make the Beer Cheese Dip (good for 7 days refrigerated)
3. Make the Buffalo Sauce (good for 7 days refrigerated…add the fresh dill when reheating)
4. Make Pizza Skewers (can be done one day ahead)
5. Cut celery sticks, broccoli flowerets and cauliflower (can be done one day ahead)
30 MINUTES BEFORE
1. Reheat Beer Cheese Dip
The cheese dip will heat up faster if it’s at room temperature, but you can reheat when it’s cold. Reheat on low. Be sure to continually whisk the dip while its reheating so it doesn’t separate.
2. Make Hot Sauce for Buffalo Shrimp
If you’re reheating, whisk to reincorporate the butter into the sauce.
3. Sauté shrimp and toss in sauce (keep warm)
4. Heat Kettle Chips with Truffle Oil & Blue Cheese
5. Heat Pretzels
*Both the kettle chips and the pretzels can be heated at the same time. 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
TRAYING UP THE PARTY
Use a sheet pan that is 18 inches by 13 inches or something close to that. To complete the look, you want to make sure you cover every inch of the sheet pan with food. Snug food close to edges as well. I used the broccoli, cauliflower and celery to cover the areas around the other food.
To add some heights, I garnished the beer cheese dip with chives and placed celery leaves in the center of the tray.
No two trays will ever look alike. The fun part is to let your creativity guide you.
I love the concept of a “Party on a Tray”. You can take this same concept and use all sorts of different food: Chicken Wings, Salami, Cheese Chunks, Breadsticks, Hummus & Pita Chips, Nachos. Whatever you want to serve, put it all on one tray and let your imagination run wild!