Almond Crusted Ruby Red Trout
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup Smokehouse almonds
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley minced
- 2 tablespoon Shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1 Zest and juice of one lemon
- 3 tablespoon Butter
- 6 4 - 6 ounces ruby red trout fillets
- In a food processor, pulse breadcrumbs, almonds, parsley, shallots, salt, pepper, lemon zest & juice until almonds and parsley is finely chopped. Add butter and pulse to combine.
- Place the trout fillets, skin side down, on a baking sheet. Cover the top of each fillet with the crust mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until fish flakes.
You can also grill them. Oil grate of grill. Place fish directly on grill, skin side down. Grill over indirect high heat for about 5 - 10 minutes or until fish is opaque.