Asparagus and Tomato Frittata
With Leeks and Jarlsberg Cheese
Servings 6 people
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup leeks chopped (white and tender green part)
- 2 1/2 cups Asparagus cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes cut in half
- Sea Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- 8 Egg beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1 cups ¼Jarlsberg
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a 10 inch non stick skillet. Once butter starts foaming, add the asparagus and cook for 2 minutes. Season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Add the leeks and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for one more minute.
- Whisk the salt and pepper into the beaten eggs. Reduce heat to medium low. Add the eggs and cheese to the skillet, folding gently to incorporate. Cover and cook for 3 minutes or until the eggs are starting to set but still wet on the top.
- Preheat the broiler. Top the frittata with the extra ¼ cup of cheese. Place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Let the frittata rest for 5 minutes. With a spatula, gently release the eggs from the pan along the sides and bottom. Gently tip pan to allow frittata to slide out of the pan onto a platter. Or, cut into wedges and serve directly out of the pan.