Sauteed Soft Shell Crabs
These delicious little creatures from the east coast are perfect on a salad. Perfect with our Wasabi Lemon Sauce drizzled over the top. Check out the article “Beautiful Swimmers – Chesapeake Bay Soft Shell Crabs”.
Sautéed Soft Shell Crabs
Servings 2 people
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 4 Soft Shelled Crabs prime or hotel size
- 2 tablespoons Clarified Butter
- 1 Lemon
- Combine the flour and Old Bay Seasoning in a shallow pan.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the clarified butter.
- Dredge the crabs is the seasoned flour, shaking the crab to release any excess flour. Sauté for 2-3 minutes per side. Be careful…the butter may pop when the water from the legs makes contact with the oil.
- Plate the crabs and drizzle with fresh lemon juice.
- Serve immediately.