Thai Curry Chicken Wings
So here’s a whole new game plan for chicken wings. This one combines the sweetness of honey, the spiciness of curry and the zip of lime. Top that with a fresh burst of cilantro and you’ll have a touchdown.
- 2 - 2 1/2 lbs. Chicken Wings
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Lime zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Cilantro chopped
- Rinse the chicken off in cold water. Cut the wings at the two joints. Keep the drumette and the wingette. Discard the wing tip. Refrigerate overnight or at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. In a bowl, toss the chicken wings with the baking powder and kosher salt. Lay chicken wings out on a foiled baking sheet. Season with fresh ground pepper. Bake for 30 minutes. Increase the heat to 425 degrees. Bake for an additional 40-50 minutes, or until golden brown and an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- When chicken in fully cooked, toss with the sauce. Drizzle with lime juice. Toss in lime zest and fresh cilantro. Serve.
This recipe will serve 3-4 people as an appetizer. You may want to double it if you're serving it as the main entree.