Verde Salsa Tilapia Pockets
- 1 lb. Tomatillos Chopped
- 1 Onion (medium size), Chopped
- 1 Jalapeno Rib Removed & Minced
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper To Taste
- Juice of One Lime
- 1 Tbls. Olive Oil
- ¼ - ½ tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 4 - 4 to 5 oz Tilapia Filets
- ¾ tsp. Cumin
- Prepare 30 minutes prior to grilling ( can be prepared the day before). In a bowl, stir to combine tomatillos, onion, jalapeno, garlic and cilantro.
Add lime juice, olive oil and cayenne. Stir to incorporate.
Place ¼ of the verde salsa on top of each filet. Wrap fish and salsa in the foil and pinch tightly to close. Set to the side.
- Preparing the Tilapia
- 4 – 4 to 5 oz Tilapia Filets
- 3/4 teaspoon Cumin
- Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- Heavy Foil
Layout four 12 inch wide pieces of foil. Top each piece of foil with a second piece of foil. This will help ensure you don’t puncture a hole in the foil while you grill.
Place a fish filet on each piece of foil. Season filets with cumin, salt & pepper.