Light and Fluffy! This mashed cauliflower will melt in your mouth. It’s a great substitution for conventional mashed potatoes. We served them with the Braised Chianti Beef Cheeks.
Servings 4 people
- 1 large Cauliflower cored, cut into small flowerettes and chop tender stalks
- 1/4 cup Whole Milk
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
- Fresh Chives for garnish
- In a large sauté pan with straight edges, pour ½ inch water. Add the cauliflower and bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- In the microwave, warm the milk and butter in a bowl.
- Drain the cauliflower and place in a mixing a bowl. Add the warmed milk and butter, salt and pepper. Puree with a immersion wand or puree in a food processor. Garnish with chopped fresh chives.
Can be made up to two days ahead and reheat.